Contact Us

How to Contact the New Hampshire Department of Corrections.

*Please know that we are not able to give resident information over the phone or in writing without a signed consent form from the resident giving us permission to do so. The resident can request this through their case manager.

Please reach out to our public information Office and they can help you or direct you to the proper area.

  • Public Information Office, (603) 271-5602 (General inquiries and Right to Know Requests) Please submit requests in writing to
  • (Media requests) Please submit requests in writing to
  • To report sexual abuse on behalf of an inmate under PREA (Prison Rape Elimination Act) please e-mail your information to

*Complaints should be submitted by mail to the address below

Attn: Public Information/Complaints or e-mailed to in order to correctly document them.

Mailing Address:
New Hampshire Department of Corrections
PO Box 1806
Concord NH 03302-1806

Physical Address:
New Hampshire Department of Corrections
64 South Street
Concord, NH 03301

Phone: (603) 271-5600
Fax: (888) 908-6609

Right to Know Requests

NH RSA 91-A, also known as the Right-to-Know Law, establishes a person’s right of access to the records of public bodies and public agencies, including the Department of Corrections (NHDOC).

The Right-to-Know Law promotes government transparency and discourse with the public by ensuring public access to information created, accepted, or obtained by any public agency. However, this access does not extend to protected information, such as a person’s medical records, school records, financial records, facility licensing files, and certain information regarding the State’s contracting process. RSA 91-A lists the full scale of exemptions.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a "government record?"

A government record means any information that has been created, accepted, or obtained by, or on behalf of, any public body or agency during its official functions. This includes written communications and other information in paper, electronic, or other physical form.

What types of documents can I request under RSA 91-A?

Only pre-existing records are required to be released under the Right-to-Know Law. This means you may only request documents which already exist, and NHDOC is not required to create any information you are requesting if the information is not already maintained or readily available. This also means you may not make any requests for future documents.

Types of records you may request include, but are not limited to, e-mail, text messages, meeting minutes, and documents such as reports and contracts.

What records are exempt from release under 91-A?

There are several exemptions provided by the Right-to-Know Law, meaning NHDOC is not required to disclose them to the public. Exemptions include but are not limited to:

  • Drafts of documents
  • Personnel records
  • Medical records of an individual
  • Offender records of an individual
  • Written legal advice from NHDOC’ legal counsel (also known as attorney/client privilege)

The full list of exemptions can be found in RSA 91-A:5.

How do I request records under RSA 91-A?

You may submit a request to NHDOC detailing the information you are looking for. Please be as specific as possible and include a date range of the records you are looking for, if applicable. (e.g.; reports from January 2021 to present). Requests may be submitted by:


Fax: 603-271-5602

Mail: 105 Pleasant Street, PO Box 1806, Concord, NH 03301